Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trust TB-7300 design tablet driver caused big problem  (Read 8588 times)

will2power

Topic Starter

Starter

Trust TB-7300 design tablet driver caused big problem
    « on: May 12, 2010, 02:55:22 AM »
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum and recently had a problem with my new set up that is driving me crazy!

I installed a trust TB-7300 driver and upon restart my computer went into a loop, there is a blue screen but flashes for part of a second.

I tried to restart in safe mode so I can go back to previous set point (I always create restore point before installing anything). When I do this my pc screen is full of text,

multi(0)disk(0)rdisc(0)partition(1)...

At the end there are different drivers listed

I think I have no option but to reinstall XP? I would appreciate any help on how to avoid in the future/what happened!!

Thanks in advance!!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

will2power

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Trust TB-7300 design tablet driver caused big problem
      « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 03:43:53 AM »
      Hi Computer_Commando

I actually installed the driver from the disk, I know I shouldnt have, I was too lazy to download on other PC and burn. I guess this is the problem and believe that my only option is to reinstall XP and download updated driver from Trust website and hope for the best!

I am not sure if it is best to install the Trust driver after motherboard, graphics and audio and before installing anything else this time?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
      ...I tried to restart in safe mode so I can go back to previous set point (I always create restore point before installing anything). When I do this my pc screen is full of text,

multi(0)disk(0)rdisc(0)partition(1)...

At the end there are different drivers listed

I think I have no option but to reinstall XP? I would appreciate any help on how to avoid in the future/what happened!!...
      You did nothing wrong, other than not keeping image backups of your hard drive.
      http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp
      What concerns me is the bolded item above.  I would attempt a Repair Install rather than a Reinstall.
      http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

will2power

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
        Thanks again Computer_Commando

The "multi(0)disk(0)rdisc(0)partition(1)..." part when I tried to go to safe mode was a shock to me, never had this happen before, could there be a really serious issue not resolved by an install/repair?

Thanks for the link to image backup software. I was aware of image backups but never realised that they could be used for situations where PC is stuck in a loop/ wont boot. After the back up do I just put in the DVD/CD when there is a problem like the one I am having :) This is very useful for me as the driver conflict could apen again.

"I would attempt a Repair Install rather than a Reinstall."

If you recommend a repair install then that is what I will try now! ;) Thanks for the help, will let you know how it goes!

will2power

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 02:33:49 AM »

This was some good advice, I repaired as per the instructions you gave me and I am back in to windows :D

I have a few questions about what you think is best to do now.

When I repaired windows it froze at the "please wait" screen and I manually restarted (pressed reset switch). It worked 2nd time. I believe this may be because of driver putting in corrupt registry entry?

So, should I (after taking an image backup of hard drive ;D)

A: Try to go back to pre driver install using "system restore"

B: Try to uninstall/ disable driver for graphics tablet?

C: Do nothing and install rest of software for graphics tablet?

D: Try to find the corrupt registry entry, if there is one, and delete it?

I could not find the drivers on 1st glance, does a windows repair delete or "fix" things like this? I really dont know how it works.

I am a little tentative now that anything I do will cause a problem! I need to start using the Graphics Tablet (with photoshop) soon as I am an Artist and falling behind with work for an exhibition!

Thanks again for the help!!!

WindowsGeek

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 06:25:30 AM »
            I think that you should first backup any data you may have on the hard drive, to, preferably a different hard drive, CD/DVD or to a Flash drive.

Now, go back to the pre-driver Windows, using System Restore. Then, backup the Windows partition, using an imaging software like what Computer_Commando suggested.

Once you're relaxed with the data and Windows drive backed up,  you can try installing and updating any drivers  and software again. And if something goes wrong again, you can quickly restore the Windows image, so that you won't have to do a repair/re-install again.

Windows repair only repairs any corrupt Windows files that a corrupt driver or software installation may have put in, and when you can't boot into Windows to do a system restore.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 05:51:03 PM »
            This was some good advice, I repaired as per the instructions you gave me and I am back in to windows :D

I have a few questions about what you think is best to do now.

When I repaired windows it froze at the "please wait" screen and I manually restarted (pressed reset switch). It worked 2nd time. I believe this may be because of driver putting in corrupt registry entry?
            So, should I (after taking an image backup of hard drive ;D)
            A: Try to go back to pre driver install using "system restore"
            B: Try to uninstall/ disable driver for graphics tablet?
            C: Do nothing and install rest of software for graphics tablet?
            D: Try to find the corrupt registry entry, if there is one, and delete it?
            I could not find the drivers on 1st glance, does a windows repair delete or "fix" things like this? I really dont know how it works....
            I only perform image backups when everything is working fine, it makes no sense to have an image of something that doesn't work right.  Once you perform regular images, you can turn System Restore off.  I keep a rotating set of 3-4 images for each computer.  If you have Windows working relatively well, perform the image backup, it's good practice even if you never use that image.  Then attempt anything else you like.  If it makes it worse, restore the image.

dregger

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 12:44:16 PM »
            this happened to me aswell just now on my school computer. Installed the downloaded driver for the TB-7300 (xp version). After a reboot it just loops. This is weird cause I've had this tablet for my own XP, my own Vista and now my own win 7 without any problems.
            The technician ain't gonna be happy with me tomorrow.