Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: quick report "compiler"  (Read 2052 times)

Letroizef

Topic Starter

quick report "compiler"
    « on: May 23, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a tool available that could help me achieve the following:

- I have over 100 separate MS word document files saved in a particular folder. These each represent a paragraph/section of a complete document.

- Depending on the project I am working on, I currently select a certain number of these "sections" and compile them into one document. (this becomes the report for the particular project I am working on)

- Instead of doing this manually each time, is there an app that would allow me to just highlight a number of these MS word "sections" in my folder and click "Compile report" and it would assemble everything for me in 1 click?

- What if I send these documents to Apple MAC and then try to "compile" the reports from there...is there something that works for that in the same way?

Thanks.

Alex.

Letroizef

Topic Starter

Re: quick report "compiler"
      « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
      Sorry, just to clarify...

I know it is possible to do this within MS word...but I was wondering if there was a completely separate tool...that would just open as a separate window where it is possible to "browse" and "select" any Word file on the computer and compile the report that way.

Even better if this works for MAC.

Cheers.