Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to undelete files  (Read 5076 times)

dr. deez

How to undelete files
« on: July 17, 2005, 09:23:13 AM »
I was runing a utlity program to speed up my comp. It accidently deleted some useful things. Every time i try to open an program windows installer strarts running to install the program. I hit cancel and it will pop up at least 25 times, but i keep hitting cancel then some of the programs will open. Can any one help me with this problem

Raptor

Re: How to undelete files
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 09:27:23 AM »
What utility is used and has it created a backup before proceeding to remove files?

You may wish to use System Restore if you are using Windows XP, ME or 2000.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:43:50 PM »
boot pc to safe mode hold down the f5 key on bootup.......now delete the files use the search option.......or type msconfig in the run box......and disable the program concerned.....click the start up folder.....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 03:46:30 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »
Dr. D:

If you need help setting up a diagnostic startup to keep the installer from loading when Windows starts, just let us know.  We will explain how to use MSCONFIG.  The utility is only available in Windows 98, ME and XP, however.  What operating system are you using?

Regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 06:29:15 PM by pcdoc4christ »