Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop help  (Read 1928 times)

wpaulvandyk

Laptop help
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post but wondered if people can help with a laptop problems

basically when i use my laptop (acer aspire) 5715Z series on the mains after a while it does get hot but will turn off unexpledly and when you switch it on, it comes up with a black screen with nothing, if you leave it longer and turn it on it says windows did not shut down properly

I had someone look at it and he got rid of some viruses and speeded it up but said it could be my battery causing the problem and would cost £50 at least to get one. It was brought back expecting it was fixed and it does the same thing

i never think or thought it would be battery problems. any help would be grateful

dnthns87

Rookie

Re: Laptop help
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »

Try running CHKDSK and Then Defrag it

Click The start button, click computer right click the drive that has your o/s on it click properties -> tools -> select check now tick off both boxes, let it schedule chkdsk to run at startup, reboot let that complete do the same thing and click defrag, let it finish and hopefully that will help

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Laptop help
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
    the symptoms aren't atypical of battery problems.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.