Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing RAM?  (Read 2679 times)

entma

missing RAM?
« on: July 20, 2005, 07:11:54 AM »
hey,
i don't know much about computers, but i know when there's something strange going on. and just a couple of days ago i bought a new game and looking at the back it said i need 256MB of RAM for it, and that was cool cos i knew that that is what my puter had...but i started playing and it was really slow and so i had a look at the general information and it says i only have 240MB of RAM...so i don't know if that's a normal thing to happen or how to fix it, or if i just have to buy more or what...
any info or ideas would be very appreciated

Thanks

Raptor

Re: missing RAM?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 07:18:06 AM »
The minimal requirements for the game are 256MB RAM. However, not only the RAM counts when it comes to performance.

Why Windows only shows 240MB instead of 256MB RAM, I do not know. It is common behaviour, though.

I think it is related to either incompatible or damaged/corrupt RAM.

However, even if Windows only detects 240MB RAM, the missing 16MB RAM would make very little difference.

i don't know much about computers, but i know when there's something strange going on.

Read the following articles:

How RAM works

Does adding more RAM make my computer faster?

Information about computer memory.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 07:20:04 AM by Raptor »

Computer_Commando

Re: missing RAM?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 11:32:10 AM »
hey,
i don't know much about computers, but i know when there's something strange going on. and just a couple of days ago i bought a new game and looking at the back it said i need 256MB of RAM for it, and that was cool cos i knew that that is what my puter had...but i started playing and it was really slow and so i had a look at the general information and it says i only have 240MB of RAM...so i don't know if that's a normal thing to happen or how to fix it, or if i just have to buy more or what...
any info or ideas would be very appreciated

Thanks

16MB "missing RAM" is mostly likely being used as video memory.