Computer memory (RAM) help and support
Updated: 08/02/2019 by Computer Hope
Memory (RAM) basics
- What is memory (RAM)?
- Full listing of all terms relating to computer memory.
- Determining how much RAM is installed and available.
- What is the difference between ROM and RAM?
- Contact information for memory manufacturers.
- Additional information and buying tips with purchasing computer memory.
Top RAM questions and answers
- What type of computer memory to use in a memory upgrade?
- Determine how many memory slots in a computer.
- How to install computer memory.
- How can I test my memory to determine if it is bad?
- How much memory or RAM should my computer have?
- How to determine the amount of memory a program requires.
- How do I remove computer memory in my computer?
All other RAM questions and answers
- Computer does not detect all new memory.
- How to view CPU and memory usage.
- Windows detects 2.75 GB or no more than 4 GB of memory.
- Lost system resources.
- CMOS memory size mismatch.
- Out of memory errors.
- Computer has three short beeps as it starts.
- Program too big to fit into memory.
- Extended RAM failed at offset 1A.
- Memory parity errors.
- How to determine how much memory a program is using.
- View and increase Windows virtual memory (page file) settings.
- I'm getting a "Virtual memory is low" error message.
- What is the memory hole at 15M-16M?
- Himem.sys and emm386 errors.
- How do I determine the SIMM Type I have?