Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having a probelm with USB 2.0 Drivers  (Read 8828 times)

Fajorey

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Having a probelm with USB 2.0 Drivers
    « Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »
    I'm on my computer that has the VIA USB.  It's exactly the same as the image you show above in USBView.  Yours shows 8 USB 2.0 ports (the last group), 4 on the back and 4 inside.

Tell me more about your USB hard drive.  Is it a complete package or did you put a hard drive into a USB enclosure?  There are others that have the same issue as you.  Also, try your USB card reader in the back and see what happens.

My Question is why did the USB rev 5 take over the back? is yours the same?

Fajorey

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
      http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1608957

I found this a few mins ago, but it is not the case for me. When I unplug my USB drive from he front and into the back, it says its not usb 2.0 supported. soooo ill keep looking and let me know if you find anything to try.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »
      My Question is:
      1.  why did the USB rev 5 take over the back?
      2.  is yours the same?
      1.  It's VIA nomenclature for the Host Controller
      2.  It's the same.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
      http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1608957

I found this a few mins ago, but it is not the case for me. When I unplug my USB drive from he front and into the back, it says its not usb 2.0 supported. soooo ill keep looking and let me know if you find anything to try.
      "...I unplugged my case's front USB leads from the motherboard, and whaddya know, now the built-in ports all run Hi-Speed USB2.0 now..."
      He means unplug the cable from the motherboard's yellow connector, not unplug the drive from the front.  This will disconnect the front USB.  Can't hurt to try it.

Fajorey

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »
        this is a problem, I use both yellow USB hookups on my MB. one for the 2 front USBs (only 1 works other one is jacked up, looks like bent pins inside) and the other is for a diagnostic tool i have with 2 usb ports on it as well. its located in the back of my PC. I can give you more information on this but if i do this, then i will lose 4 out of 8 (7 working) ports on my PC...

I will look at the pins to see if that is "causeing" this problem. but i think that this is not
        the case.

Fajorey

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »
          could this be a USB power issue?

Fajorey

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
            well I unpluged the Front USB connection. but I kept the back. and guess what? yup now my back ports work with USB 2.0. All of them the 4 on the board and the 2 from the "front USB plugin thats hooked up to my diagnostic device with 2 USB 2.0 ports. this is very odd indead. and it sucks that i can not use all 6 but atm i am only using 3 for (WebCam, Mouse and keyboard) and 2 for usb MicroSD card reader and USB HD. so now i have 1 free slot open... yeay!oh well its better this way i guess.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            « Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
            If you need more USB ports, get an external hub powered or unpowered.  I like the ones with indicator lights so it's easy to tell if the device is on or off.