Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: copy folder to a CD  (Read 2322 times)

ralphnlili

copy folder to a CD
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
I need to copy an excel file to a CD. I get a message: need permission from administrator, or illegal action, or something to that effect. What must I do to copy my file?

KornmonGrim

Rookie

Re: copy folder to a CD
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
    Hello, ralphnlili

See if you are a limited or administrator user. If you do not know go to the start button>Control Panel>User Accounts>Your Account(User)>
    then look at the screen and see if it says limited or administrator. If you are using XP then you may have to click something like Manage Account or change options for access.
    If not change your self to an Administrator. Otherwise, if none of that works try a different CD. Scan for viruses (if you do please Reply with the names of them you used to scan with your computer) (NOTICE: If you are infected and need help from there go to the Viruses & Spyware forum and post there about the infection.) Also specifying what the error message said would help me or others help solve your problem and fix it & or figure it out. If none of this helps then please wait until another member here at computerhope.org helps you. My advice: if none of this works try to Google the error message & or problem. Also make sure your file is not illegal. ( I do not support illegal actions.)

Best regards,
    KornmonGrim PS: Reply with all the answers.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible or liable for anything that happens to your computer by following my instructions.
    KornmonGrim helping people with their computer needs for free.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: copy folder to a CD
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »
    I need to copy an excel file to a CD. I get a message: need permission from administrator, or illegal action, or something to that effect. What must I do to copy my file?
    Tell us exactly what you are doing, what the exact error message is, and if you are logged on as admin.