Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: westell modem  (Read 8223 times)

rrkhh

westell modem
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »
i have westell dsl modem and a linksys router. to get into the modem setup i bypass the linksys  can get to it at  192.168.1.254   how can i access the modems setup when the linksys router is in the system, i get nowhere with 192.168.1.254 with the router is inserted...

THANKS in advance......

rrkhh

Re: westell modem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:07:41 PM »
the modem blocks ports and i need to use pcanywhere, went into the modems setup bypassing the linksys to open ports for pc anywhere. would like to not have to bypass the linksys to get into modem to configure it...  

ccc

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 10:30:47 PM »
what method do you use to gain access to the modem?
does it not save your configuration? is this why you have to repeatedly open the port? what model westell is it?

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 02:27:43 PM »
To access the DSL appliance, first go to the router setup and assign the machine you are accessing the DSL appliance from to the DMZ. Then access the DSL bridge from that machine. Be sure to switch the DMZ back off after you're done so the router resumes protecting that machine from Internet predators.