Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannon Pixma Rrinter  (Read 4437 times)

Vespa_Amigo

Cannon Pixma Rrinter
« on: July 22, 2005, 09:24:08 PM »
I just put in a new color ink cartridge and when I go to print anything the screen says I am low on color ink!  What is wrong?  It prints just fine but it did not register that I put in a new cartridge!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cannon Pixma Rrinter
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 09:45:09 PM »
    You probably have the only Cannon Pixma Rrinter ever made but for us to help you we will need to check the online manuals for a Canon Pixma Printer as they are probably the same as yours.
    Unfortunately there are a few different models so if you could tell us your model number it may help a little.
    Of course you could always read the manual you have.
    I'd expect there would be somewhere in the software interface to 'reset' the ink, thus telling the software you have installed a new cartridge.  :)

Vespa_Amigo

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 10:17:49 PM »
    I have a Cannon Pixma iP1500 series photo printer.  I looked in the manual nada.  I checked the software interface nada.  When I installed the new cartridge a window opened and asked if I installed a new cartridge and I checked Yes.  It is just frustrating that something so sophisticated cannot register a new ink cartridge!  Welcome to the tech age! It sucks!

ITTechnician

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:23:41 PM »
    Try going to your control panel then selecting printer and other w/e. Update the configuration. This is how I fixed mine before. Only difference is I had a lexmark.

So it might work. If it don't I can look into it some more for you.
    EMAIL me if it consist.
    [email protected]

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 10:23:45 PM »
      "Welcome to the tech age! It sucks!"

;D Try the Canon website while you're waiting for an answer from here.
      I'm going to get a haircut. BBL.

Vespa_Amigo

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »
      Well, I tried what you said and wound up with a default printer, when I tried to print nada, I deleted the default printer, nada no print.  I uninstalled the software.  New install went very badly and only partially, computer would not recognize the disc in the slot.  The printer works but none of the periferals like the photo application.  I got a messed up printer now.  Sick to my stomach and going to bed.  

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 11:39:16 PM »
        Did you check with Canon?
        « Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 11:41:04 PM by Fed »

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 11:39:42 PM »
          Well I'm glad I went for a haircut. LOL
          Just uninstall the printer & drivers and reinstall it again.
          That will probably fix your ink problem too (for now).  :)

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 05:12:08 AM »
          Try the Canon website while you're waiting for an answer from here.
          I'm going to get a haircut. BBL.

Finally getting rid of that pony tail, blonde locks?  ;D

I just put in a new color ink cartridge and when I go to print anything the screen says I am low on color ink!  What is wrong?  It prints just fine but it did not register that I put in a new cartridge!

You did remove the plastic label on the Ink cartridge that prevents it from leaking, correct?

Vespa_Amigo

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 06:10:27 AM »
          I did take the plastic lable off and I am getting good color prints that I did not get with the old cartridge so I guess that is a confirmation.  Canon on line sucks big time, no way to ask a question I tried.  They referred me to this site.  You are doing their work for them!  I tried unistall twice now and it will not install properly.  Only basic printing and I guess I am just going to live with that as I have another photo process program I like.  I think this string is over now unless you have some new idea.  I actually had to pin the drive the disc was in to get it out of my computer! It may be a computer problem to boot, who knows?   :o

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 06:34:35 AM »
          See if this is of any use.