Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deploying SDL application  (Read 2776 times)

timtim41

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Deploying SDL application
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Hi. I am using Visual Studio 2008 Pro and I have recently got into working with SDL for graphics and video. I just got done with making a simple menu-style program using mouse events and I want to deploy it to my own computer. I've read the VS documentation for creating a Setup and Deployment Project for deploying my program, and everything goes ok until I try to run it afterwards. After I open up the application, the SDL window pops up, but with no display, and an error message comes up along with it saying something along the lines of "Something didn't go right, Windows is looking for a solution for the problem" or something like that. My program uses SDL_image.h, and SDL_ttf.h, along with the SDL.h header files. I'm just thinking I didn't go through the setup and deployment process correctly, like I discluded something I wasn't supposed to. all help is appreciated and thank you for taking your time in reading this topic. :)
T Jewell