Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics troubles  (Read 15813 times)

VoidAngel

Re: Graphics troubles
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 01:14:24 PM »
Ah, this is a 600 Mhz Athlon I build from a motherboard/cpu combo.  I got it... uh... maybe six years ago?  Five?  I can't quite remember; I could be off...  So no warranty for me.

VoidAngel

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 11:55:55 PM »
Graaah!  It's just so freaking wierd!  I've gotta see if maybe the local home electronics stores have nerds that know about this...  I'll let you all know what I turn up, if anything.

VoidAngel

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 04:09:10 PM »
Well, no illuminating insights there.  I'm gonna strip my pc down to the hard drive and the video card, and go from there.

VoidAngel

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 12:24:49 AM »
Yatta!  I got it working again!  There was something in my BIOS settings that either didn't show, or I didn't understand.  I tore down my PC to the essential items (a useful tool I'd forgotten to use), then had the BIOS RE-detect my IDE devices after I reset it.  I got some weird results.  First, it didn't detect -anything!-  I went to the Primary Master slot, where I'd plugged in my hard drive, and poked around, but none of the settings I understood seemed like they would help me, so I had it detect again.  And my hard drive shows up...  Same thing happened when I plugged in my CDROM, but after I got those running I wiped the hard drive and I'm up and running now!  On my own computer, too!  (I've been posting off another machine, a spyware-ridden 266 Celeron.  Anyone want a paperweight?)

Anyway, thanks for the help!  It took a while, but we got it settled, and I guess the next guy that comes here with this problem will have a ready solution waiting, at least.  I love you all, but I hope you'll understand that I never want to see you ever again.   ;D

Ja, matta!

chade

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 10:23:55 AM »
Heh, I've been watching this thread with interest (but had nothing really to contribute).  Good to know your problems are solved.

You could always drop in to help solve other people's problems though!