Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  (Read 6507 times)

Brian Lee

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:32:32 AM »
I'm running a PC, and I wanted to check the type of memory on my computer.  So I shut down Windows Xp: Home Edition, opened up the case and took out a stick of memory.  After inspecting it, I plugged it back in and my computer stopped working.  Whenever I try to turn on the computer my monitor no longer gets a signal, the power does not shut down after holding down the power button like it's supposed to, and the Dvd-rom and CD-RW drive both do not respond to their 'open' buttons. I also tried to put in a different video card to see if the card was the problem but I saw no difference.  Any help or response would be appreciated. :(

Raptor

Re: Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 06:11:46 AM »
I do hope you demagnetized your hands before removing the  memory stick?

If you did, did you properly push the stick till it is secure?

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 06:58:37 AM »
You say you took out 'a stick'.  I'm assuming you have more than one so take that stick out again and try booting without it.  If you're golden then that's cool, if not you may have done something bad.

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 05:55:20 AM »
You should turn the switch on the power supply off or unplug the machine, and take static precautions, before handling your RAM sticks.

Make sure it's not in skewed or backwards.