Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changing the name of a robot  (Read 3280 times)

silverpersian

Topic Starter

Beginner
    changing the name of a robot
    « on: September 17, 2010, 02:16:28 AM »
    is their anyway of changing the name of a robot that sends emails via php.
    the only thing is that i don t have admin rights to the server that is hosting my website is their anyway to do it with out or will i have to contact my server administrator.
    any replies will be helpfull as i am quite new to php and would really appreciate any advice.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: changing the name of a robot
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:24:27 AM »
    I assume you mean the name of who the e-mail is coming from. If this is the case it's all depends on how the PHP script is written. I'd imagine if you can edit the PHP script, that in the source code you should be able to see a section that lists the name you wish to change.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Dairyman

Beginner

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
    If the PHP script is on the server and you do not have permission to edit it, you'll probably have to ask the site administrator to edit the script, or edit it yourself then ask the administrator to publish it for you.

And as Nathan said (Is that his name? I haven't been here for a while  :P), it depends on how the script is written.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »
    You remember correctly Dairyman. ;)
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein