Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: re installed windows and now ethernet controller is not working, and other  (Read 5022 times)

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    devices not working

Ethernet controller
    multimedia audio controller
    Sm Bus controller
    Video controller
    Video controller (VGA compatible)

windows Xp home edition sp 1
    Intel celeron CPU 2.53Ghz
    504 Mb of RAM

I am using other computer to access the net, i have a USB stick.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: re installed windows and now ethernet controller is not working, and other
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:23:49 AM »
    They are not working which means you have not yet installed the correct drivers or windows built in drivers did not match with your current hardware. What is your Computer model/specs? Have you installed the mobo driver(CD) or visited the website(computer brand and model no.) to download the correct drivers, if any? Go to your Device manager also and give us the specific graphic and ethernet card(marks w/ yellow or red) that is not working.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:51:28 AM »
    You need to install the chipset driver followed by the display and sound card drivers.

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
      hi, thanx to both of you, however i am only a beginner. So can u please explain how exactly i get the info, etc?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »
      Ok...You have reinstalled right...or someone reinstalled it for you? Using a Win xp(w/ a win logo) Cd.  Do you have other CD's available? Can you post them? And could you give us the Computer Model/Brand(ex. HP Pavilion a 6600 Desktop PC)?

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »
        hi

yes, i reinstalled a unworking comp. Purchased second hand.

I installed windows xp home edition service pack 1 (genuine cd i have had for ages), by booting from the cd.

I do have other computer cds but i have tried them and i dont believe they are for this comp, some actually say for win 95/98, so they prob should go in the bin.

The comp model is a DELL optiplex GX620, thats what it says on the machine

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »
        You could download the recommended drivers for your Dell Optiplex GX620 computer on the Dell link/website. However, do you still have any service tag(sticker) on the desktop? It will prompt you for it so it will give you the appropriate drivers. I assume you cannot connect to the internet(or do you have?), so you might have to download and save them on a flash drive on another computer and just copy them to your Dell computer and install them.

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 03:24:36 AM »
          I do have the internet working. I tried to download a chipset using my service tag on computer.

However the dell download manager had to be installed first?

it downloaded but then when i went to install this is what the error bit said.

Following errors were detected during this operation.
             * [9/27/2010 5:17:01 PM] System.Deployment.Application.Deploymen tDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
                - Downloading file:///C:/DOCUME~1/SAMANT~1.HOM/MYDOCU~1/DOWNLO~1/Application%20Files/DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0/DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest did not succeed.
                - Source: System.Deployment
                - Stack trace:
                   at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNet Downloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNet Downloader.DownloadAllFiles()
                   at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownl oader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadM anager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadM anager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.Applicati onActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.Applicati onActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.Applicati onActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation (Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
                   at System.Deployment.Application.Applicati onActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
                --- Inner Exception ---
                System.Net.WebException
                - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Samantha.HOME\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.
                - Source: System
                - Stack trace:
                   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetRespons e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
                   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
                   at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNet Downloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
                --- Inner Exception ---
                System.Net.WebException
                - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Samantha.HOME\My Documents\Downloads\Application%20Files\DellDriverDownloadManager_2_1_0_0\DellDriverDownloadManager.exe.manifest'.
                - Source: System
                - Stack trace:
                   at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
                   at System.Net.FileWebRequest.WrappedGetRes ponseCallback(Object state)
                --- Inner Exception ---
                System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
                - Source: mscorlib
                - Stack trace:
                   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
                   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
                   at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
                   at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
             No transaction information is available.

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:43:21 AM »
          Before you do anything else, install Service Pack 3

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
            woo hoo! I have installed service pack 3!!

Thanx Allan

now... back to the controller's problem??

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
            Don't use Dells DLoad manager...its expecting a system that was reinstalled with a Dell CD which didn't happen here...
            DLoad and install the drivers manually...chipset drivers 1st.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

samantha25

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
              Thankyou everyone all resolved :D :-*

Allan

• Mastermind
              « Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »
              Glad to hear it.