Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CH Search  (Read 2410 times)

alen

Topic Starter

Rookie

CH Search
    « on: September 30, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
    Hi,

I wanted to ask what the CH Search does?  Without an advanced option, I don't know what I'm searching, what time period, what forum, whether it's an internal search for Computer Hope or a net-wide search.  Sorry, I'm new.  Still getting acquainted with your forum.

Thanks.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: CH Search
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
    If you're referring the the CH search in the top-right portion of the forums, this is a site-wide search, which means it will be searching all pages on Computer Hope, however, does not search outside Computer Hope. This is the most visible search because it's less taxing on the server and because in some situations it's better to search outside the forum. This search will also not have the absolutely latest pages posted on the forum, since it's only pulling from the results Google has indexed.

If you're wanting to do a more exact search while on the forum there is a Old Forum Search link at the bottom of every page. Clicking this link will pull up the actual Forum search and allow much more customization as far as searching only in a specific section of the forum, by user, etc.

Hope that helps answer your questions.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein