Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Shutting Off  (Read 3307 times)

thwhisler

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer Shutting Off
    « on: October 16, 2010, 03:53:10 PM »
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Desktop, USB Mouse, USB keyboard, 6 gig RAM (3x2), WD 640 Black, GTX 470,i5 750, TX650 power supply, ASUS P7P55D-E LX, CD drive, Wifi adapter

Alright,  I'm getting a very weird computer error.
    When I turn my computer on, it get to the part where the splash screen for starting windows appears and then turns off. There is no error message or anything. Everything just turns off.
    If I leave it alone for a couple hours, and then turn it back on I can get into windows, and It'll be around 10 minutes before it turns off. I monitered the heat one of those times, and the GTX 470s heat was 44c, i5 750 was 32c, motherboard was 33c and the hard drive was 27c. So, I figure not a heat related issue.
    Ran a ram test. No errors. CHKDSK found no errors.
    It has been working for a month before this.
     What could it be?

<Admin edit> Don't need to post newegg links to each of your products.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:38:16 AM by Computer Hope Admin »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer Shutting Off
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 04:40:44 AM »
    Whenever a computer turns off, it's often a heat related issue. However, you indicated you checked the heat and it appears ok. Make sure each of the other possible reasons mentioned in the below document are also checked.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000689.htm

Also since this was built make sure you have applied your thermal compound properly between the heatsink and the CPU.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein