Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help-hover question  (Read 1874 times)

nschoepke

please help-hover question
« on: November 13, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
When i hover over something to read more details about something, a box will pop up with additional information, for example, on the forums on this website when you hover over a subject more information will pop up with more details such as the question that was asked. that is just one example. i like how it does that but the problem i cant seem to figure out is how do I make it stay up longer until after I am done reading it/?? i can't seem to find an answer to what seems like a common question. it appears for like a second and i have to keep putting hovering over it to bring it back up and try to read super fast speed and figure out where i left off then it dissapears again. please does anyone know how i make that text box stay up??? i am so frustrated, thank you.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: please help-hover question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
In the case of how I've done the hover boxes on the forums messages, as long as you don't move your mouse the hover box should stay open. It's up to the web developer to decide how long a hover box stays open and the action it takes. However, in almost all situations as long as you don't move your mouse the hover box should remain open.

In the case of the hover box that is shown when you move your mouse over the "specs" link (in the profile to the left), that box will remain open until you hover over the close link in the top-right corner.

Hope that helps
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein