Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Copying email source code  (Read 5476 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
Copying email source code
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
I use Outlook Express 6 as my email client. I receive many emails containing graphics and formatted text that I would like to tweak a little, before forwarding them. I KNOW that I can edit text and delete some elements but I also know that things like the length are very hard to change. I also know that the format controls are locked into the CODE that is exposed when the SOURCE tab is clicked. Short of doing a course in HTML, I believe I can learn some basics about email source code, by tweaking it and seeing the results. But to document what has been tweaked, I should ideally be able to copy the source code UNCHANGED-by-the-copy-process into e.g. WORD or a Rich-Text-Format editor. I have not found any editor that I can paste source code into and have the copy look identical to the original. I thought FrontPage might do the trick, but it wont open EML. Is there a way of doing what I want to do ?