Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FoxyProxy  (Read 2838 times)

SlowGoing

Topic Starter

Rookie

FoxyProxy
    « on: November 29, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »
    I am attempting to use a proxy for the first time and i noticed that it is terribly slow when i try to view videos and sometimes its just slow in general. My main concern is the video, I wind up spending more time loading the video than watching it. I usually like to learn as I go along, but i think asking for advice is the best choice at the moment.

Is it just natural of it to be slow while watching videos, or might it just be the particular IP one I may be using? I am using the Foxyproxy add-on for Mozilla if that information may be of any use.

Salmon Trout

Re: FoxyProxy
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:32:22 AM »
    A proxy will be fine for limited bandwidth like emails and basic surfing of text only sites but you should not expect p2p, streaming video etc to be as fast as a direct connection. What you have seen is normal.

jjclark10

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: FoxyProxy
      « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:12:22 AM »
      Proxies work too slow sometimes especially if you are downloading or uploading something. Just don't use it for heavy tasks.