Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard/Mouse Issues  (Read 7346 times)

Gina

Keyboard/Mouse Issues
« on: March 20, 2004, 09:29:52 PM »
I am having a really frustrating problem with my computer, my platform is XP home edition.  At random times, when I am typing either online or with MS word, the keystrokes will randomly change to allcaps or underline or italicize, or pushing buttons will make programs open or close, or sticky keys will automatically set, and sometimes it will quit working all together.  And my mouse will randomly scroll to the very bottom of the page and won't allow me to scroll back up.  I thought it might be a virus, but after updating and running Norton, no corrupted files were found.  And everything was clear when I ran Ad-Aware.  I even bought a new mouse and keyboard just in case to no avail.  It's just getting aggravating to have to reopen everything or lose unsaved work-I'm at my wits end, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time, Gina

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Keyboard/Mouse Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:22:57 PM »
Gina,

It sounds like you have tried many of the suggestions we would have recommended. One additional thought we have is to check the Accessibility Options under the control panel. Many times these features will causes some of the issues you explained in your post.

We would recommend you open the Accessibility Options and verify everything under the keyboard tab and mosque tab are disabled.

If this doesn't work, how about loading the computer into safe mode and seeing if the issue occurs in safe mode. Additional information about safe mode can be found on the below document.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

If the issue does not occur in safe mode then it is possible another program is installed on the computer that is causing this issue. You may want to temporarily disable all the startup programs within msconfig. Additional information about doing this can be found at the end of the below document.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chtsr.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein