Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't access webpages  (Read 4151 times)

vicki8881

can't access webpages
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »
Whenever I do a search, the results come up, but when I click on a link I get this message from firefox:

Unable to connect             
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at croozybannir.com. (THIS IS NOT THE PAGE I"M TRYING TO ACCESS - it's a random page out of nowhere)

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have a wireless router and an internet provider and am using windows 7 -   Please help!!

cervantes100

Beginner

• I'am he.
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: can't access webpages
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
    Try uninstalling firefox and reinstalling firefox browser.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »
    This only happens with search results? What happens when you use IE?

petemosby

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
      yeah, I would recommend a browser change too. Google Chrome is really good and fast. If you still want to keep your firefox after you uninstall it delete all settings and other firefox files which are not deleted by the uninstaller just to be sure your computer is free from all of the old firefox files. Then install the program.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:49:03 PM »
      changing your browser when you have a problem is akin to discovering that your front door is broken, and then simply putting in a entirely new door next to it. The broken door is still there; it's still broken. If it happens to catch fire it will probably take the "new door" with it.

EDIT: I mean, changing the browser for troubleshooting makes sense, but I am referring to simply changing to a new browser and effectively forgetting about the old one.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
      If you are getting redirections from your web browser, It could also be any internet settings or connection. You have not mention if its on wired or wireless connection or both. You could also be infected such as mention in bleepingcomputer.com ---> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller

* Please visit here and post the logs requested and a Malware Expert will guide you.
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html