Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error with usd.exe  (Read 7227 times)

jay99

Error with usd.exe
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
I got some errors related to usd.exe, and i cannot find anything on this. The result i had was that usd.exe is a virus, but i don't think so.
Maybe i got a hint, the client we got had his application using Oracle Database stop working, i don't know if it's related.

Here are some error message that were in the event viewer:
Hanging application usd.exe, version 1.0.3.3, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

After the server was rebooted, there was this message:
Faulting application usd.exe, version 1.0.3.3, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4455, fault address 0x0001bd02.

The server is a Win2k3.

If someone can help me, it will be appreciated!

Thx!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Error with usd.exe
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
This was on yahoo.
USD.EXE, Prevx
 USD.EXE, Prevx. Removal of Malware. Information about USD.EXE. USD.EXE has been seen to perform the following behavior: Writes to another Process's Virtual Memory ...
www.prevx.com/filenames/2271629942478682957-X1/USD.EXE.html
WARNING. Some sites that claim to have a solution are bad.
Do NOT try to remove it until someone more qualified answers you post. I can not help, but others here can, Be patient.

MODERATOR. Can this be moved to the proper place?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Error with usd.exe
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
I got some errors related to usd.exe, and i cannot find anything on this. The result i had was that usd.exe is a virus, but i don't think so.
Please explain these two sentences in detail. WHAT errors are you getting and WHAT result says usd.exe is a virus? I believe it is in fact malware, but then you say you don't think it is. Why not?