Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ipod disaster  (Read 5424 times)

ipodhelp

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Ipod disaster
    « on: January 23, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
    Hello

So I've got a serious problem with my iPod. Basically, my computer went in for repairs- it was very slow so they made it faster somehow and also put a new hard disk. Now I have connected my iPod to my computer, but iTunes won't open. I can't find it anywhere so I guess it's gone. What should I do? Is there any possibility that I could copy all the songs from my iPod to my computer (I have Windows XP)? PLEASE help me, I don't know what to do! :/

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Ipod disaster
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
    Reinstall iTunes.

ipodhelp

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
      I already did it yesterday, but when I opened it, it sayd something like "This iPod is synced with another iTunes blahblah.." So basically it asked me if I wanted to replace my current songs in the iPod with the ones in this new iTunes library... But there were no songs in this new library and I can't find any of those in my computer either so I guess they have just been deleted when my computer was being repaired....:(

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:51:42 AM »
      I don't know - it's hard to tell from here.... Maybe you should ask the repair service.

ipodhelp

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:00:04 PM »
        Thanks, Allan. I guess I will ask.. It sucks that all my songs have like.. vanished :D

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
        Well,if they're still on you're ipod at least you've got them. In the future you should backup your system - or at least your songs. I have 700 cd's ripped to my system and they are backed up on 3 other computers and 3 external drives. It was simply too much work to lose.

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:46 AM »
        The music might have got deleted when the comp was given for repair. Either manually deleted or got deleted if formatted. Depends which ipod u have, touch / classic / .. There are limited number of times u can authorize ur ipod to a comps. If u try to exceed the number of authorized times, it will not get authorized. I have heard in ipod classic u can transfer/copy music to comp if u enable disk use in itunes.  But in touch, its not possible. Only possible one way ie - from comp to ipod.

Tip - Best to backup music and important stuff to cd / external hard drive :) u may not know when ur computer will crash :)