Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wrong password? | Startup Repair  (Read 3707 times)

Forge

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Wrong password? | Startup Repair
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
Computer parts below.

Hello :) Forge here! I am new here and found this forum on google, to see if there are some skilled people here which can help me :)

So the problem is...:

Yesterday, I was going to but my internet cable into my switch. To do that I had to crawl behind my computer and eject the cable from my computer, put it into the switch and put another cable between the wall plug and the switch. Then put the Xbox cable into the switch. Behind my computer, I accidentally hit the Power Supply cable, which is really weak. A little touch and the computer turns of. I was in-game and running a java script, windows live messenger, skype and steam. After getting internet for my Xbox, I turned on my computer. Normally, the computer would show a menu where I could choose Start Windows Normally, or Safe Mode. But this time it showed a menu with "Launch Startup Repair" and "Start Windows Normally". It automatically went into Startup Repair because I wasn't looking at the screen. My friend told me it popped up.

Startup Repair asked me if I would Restore a earlier restore point, or Cancel. I didn't want to restore so I clicked Cancel. This continued the Startup Repair without Restoing. When this finished, Windows told me to choose my keyboard language. I knew this was a menu with Repairing options, so I clicked cancel, which restarted my computer.

When it turned on, It went to the log-in screen. I entered my password. "The uername or password is incorrect."
I've tried over 20 times to enter my password, the Caps Lock was OFF, I restarted my computer like 4 times, I tried Shift+Alt.
Nothing worked. I tried restoring my computer but an error stopped the Restore process and I could restore to 27. January 2011.

The computer have been Formated/reset 2 times because of problems with this crap OS. Last time was last weekend.

Also, my computer have been asking to start Startup Repair EVERY TIME I start up the computer. This have been happening since I bought the computer in July 2010. I didn't need to run Startup Repair every time i started my computer, but sometimes.
Then one time II brought my PC with me to my friend. I believe I put it back in the car, and not in the middle, between 2 seets. Then I couldn't start and had to format it. After that, the computer worked for a long time. But last weekend, I brought the the computer to a LAN. My friend carried it out to the car and put it in the back of the car. This could have damaged it. When I arrived, the computer wouldn't work, and I wasted 4 hours of my life just sitting there. I had to format it.

Now I am sitting here with a computer I can't access, and I gotta finish a school project.

Help, Please? Anyone? :(

Parts:

Processor: Intel i5-760 Quad Core 2,8 GHz.
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D
Graphics Card: msi Radeon HD 5830 "Twin Frozr II"
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 750W
HDD:
Earlier: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB.
Now: Seagate ??? 500GB
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

FAQ:
-I DON'T got Windows Vista.

-My parts WORKS together.

-My Motherboard didn't fail.

-My Processor didn't fail.

-My HDD didn't fail, Windows starts up, just the password... it wont accept it.

-Thanks in Advance :) -Forge