Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I set up connect my laptop with my printer wirelessly  (Read 11092 times)

delmarbd

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    How do I set up connect my laptop with my printer wirelessly
    « on: March 02, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
    I have a Windows XP Sony Vaio laptop and an HP 7150 printer.  My desktop is connected to the printer via USB and works great but how do I connect my laptop so that I can print without using a cable?  Physically, I use my laptop at a chair, so only a few feet away from my printer.
    Thanks

delmarbd

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: How do I set up connect my laptop with my printer wirelessly
      « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
      Also,
      The main computer is a 3rd computer that is physically connected to the wireless router.  I connect to the internet on both my laptop and my desktop wirelessly.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
      I have a Windows XP Sony Vaio laptop and an HP 7150 printer.  My desktop is connected to the printer via USB and works great but how do I connect my laptop so that I can print without using a cable?  Physically, I use my laptop at a chair, so only a few feet away from my printer.
      Thanks
      Short answer: You can't.
      Long Answer: You need a wireless interface for the printer. Does this model come with wireless built in?
      If not, you can turn on file and print sharing and share the printer. But that PC will have to be on for the printer to be available on the network.
      http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000710.htm
      « Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:28:50 AM by Geek-9pm »

michelsmith

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:45 AM »
        Laptop can be connected to the wireless printer if there is a built in Bluetooth inside the printer. It makes it very convenient for the users to use the printer without creating any interference. It also helps in fast transferring of data. This particular feature also enables the users to carry around the device and use it.

jagwinn

Beginner

• Certifications: List
          « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 12:20:10 AM »
          You should be able to ADD PRINTER and select PRINTER CONNECTED TO ANOTHER COMPUTER. Then find the printer folder and select it. The wizard will then make a wireless connection to the computer with the printer connection.
          John
          No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.