Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Creating Music CD  (Read 6476 times)

Brenda

Problem Creating Music CD
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:12:32 PM »
I recently purchased a refurbished HP Omnibook 6000 laptop w/ Windows 98SE.  It has a 24 x CDRW Drive (Matashita UJDA330).  I have successfully written data to a data CD; however, every time I try to write audio files from my hard drive on to a music CD, my computer crashes.  I am using VERITAS RecordNow 6.5. for the recording software.  I can't find out any information anywhere of what might be causing this or how to fix the problem.  I have a 30 day warranty on the computer, so I want to find out as soon as possible.  

Thanks . . . Brenda

Raptor

Re: Problem Creating Music CD
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
Did you attempt to use different writing software?

Such as Nero or Alcahol 120%

Brenda

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 07:03:56 AM »
No, I will give it a try and get back with the results.  Thanks!

Brenda

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 08:00:24 AM »
I downloaded the lastest version of Nero, but I still have the same problem.  As the burning process starts, my computer just reboots itself??

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 09:12:27 AM »
Did you try writing at different speed limits?

You should contact Tech-support of either Matanutsa or VERITAS RecordNo.

If your computer came with a CD-RW drive you might wish to contact HP Tech-support.

I donot know why your computer would boot randomly while writing music data, I am not too knowledge-able about CD-RW drives.

merlin

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 12:51:38 PM »
is your laptop configured to save power options with an avi files it can take some time to copy it to disk..look in the bios setup f1/del on boot to find out..the options on power settings some laptops will shut and is this plugged into the mains when this happens?try dragging the cd audio disk files on to the hard drive <create a folder called whatever>and then try burning them to disk...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 12:53:45 PM by merlin »