Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Am I being hacked or something?  (Read 2925 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    Am I being hacked or something?
    « on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
    Hi Guys, I'm back again... So I have two issues. One is: I get emails with my son's email address but it's just a link. Now he may be using a phone to send them. The thing is, I never open any of them because, well, I just don't open suspicious mail, not even from my two men. But tonight I deleted four of these emails and when I checked my deleted box. only one of the pieces of mail was there. The one piece I know my son sent. Am I being hacked or something?

Issue two: I think I need to upgrade from IE7 to at least IE8, the thing is, you all know how squimish I am about downloading things. So, if I click on the download button for IE8, will I have to do anything else, or should I get a Microsoft Tech to help me?

Oh, I never tried again to do the HJT so that you guys could look at my programs and stuff. :(

Thanks Guys.

Thanks guys.
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
      Re: Am I being hacked or something?
      « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
      Thanks for redirecting the topic Allan.

I'm trying to think if I left out any info. I also had a couple of emails from my other son who denies sending me the same type of email. Just a link. My sons usually greet me and stuff, and so this type of mail with their address sent up flags. Is someone reading my outgoing mail, then using the addresses to damage my girl here.?

About Twitter... they are always doing something in there. Right now they have what's called THE NEW TWITTER. So I click it to be in the new Twitter, but when I leave Twitter, the next time I go there I'm right back in the old Twitter. They post help info about upgrading your browser if you have certain problems. So, I'm trying to do that. But I don't want the hassle of download problems.
      If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
      What's with the bold type?

ajblackcat

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
        Tell your son to change his password and security question. This should stop whoever is using his email.

The link probably directs you to some kind of advertising or spyware.