Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer screen freeze  (Read 2411 times)

miltonmeier

computer screen freeze
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:37 AM »
while watching tv through my pc after 45 minutes or so the screen will suddenly freeze showing strange patterns of color and the keyboard and mouse are inoperable also, i have tried a different tuner stick to no avail, the only way i can get the pc going again is to shut it down on the tower and then restart it but, the problem will always occur again. my pc is only 5 months old and has already been back to where i purchased it from and has not been fixed. could the problem be a sound or graghics card issue?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: computer screen freeze
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »
You might wanna think of using your warranty here before its too late to save you from the troubles of replacing any parts.

UNSCSpartan3

Beginner

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: computer screen freeze
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »
I have the same problem... i think it has something to do with a driver error but im not sure

while watching tv through my pc after 45 minutes or so the screen will suddenly freeze showing strange patterns of color and the keyboard and mouse are inoperable also, i have tried a different tuner stick to no avail, the only way i can get the pc going again is to shut it down on the tower and then restart it but, the problem will always occur again. my pc is only 5 months old and has already been back to where i purchased it from and has not been fixed. could the problem be a sound or graghics card issue?