Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unhiding hiden files?  (Read 2548 times)

kerk

Topic Starter

Rookie

Unhiding hiden files?
    « on: April 24, 2011, 05:04:43 AM »
    Had some serious bugs that 'Super Dave' is spending a lot of time helping me with on the Malware forum, but I thought this question should go here.

One, or more. of the bugs had made all my existing files inaccessible.  I finally had my 'Duh' moment when I realized it had simply made them hidden, as I noticed that search would bring the files up, but they wouldn't show up on my drive. Finally checking properties on one, I saw that it was checked 'Hidden', and checking more, I see they all are.

Anyway, another 'Duh' moment occurred when I realized I have a lot of individual files on my C drive, but they are not in a folder, which means there is no 'folder' to uncheck 'Hidden' on,  and a properties menu on the hard drive does not offer that option.

So the question is, is there any way to change these files from 'Hidden' without doing it one at a time?  I've probably got 80 of them, and doubt that I could even remember all the names in order to bring them up in a search.

Salmon Trout

Re: Unhiding hiden files?
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »
    Try this - open a command prompt in the C:\ folder and type ATTRIB -H *.* and press Enter.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Unhiding hiden files?
    « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »
    Download and run UnHide