Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Green line on my computer screen??  (Read 7460 times)

--KK--

Green line on my computer screen??
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:54:43 PM »
Hello, so I am new here. I really didn't see anywhere else to post about this. But anyways... I need some help :)
A while back somthing cracked my computer screen so we got it fixed. It has been working fine, no problems. Well today when I booted up my laptop, I tilted my screen back and a green line showed up. I poked the screen and it went away. Everytime I adjust my computer screen it shows up. Or if I moved my laptop to much...and it shows up again. I was to poke the screen or anything to get it to stop. But im alittle worried about it. Anyone know what happened or what it could be??
Thanks, --KK--

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Green line on my computer screen??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »
Depends on how this cracked screen was fixed...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:59:13 PM »
May be unrelated to original repair, but likely compounded by it.  Wires from motherboard to display, go through the hinge on one side or the other.  One of the wires is likely chafed or stretched.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:45:12 PM »
May be unrelated to original repair, but likely compounded by it.  Wires from motherboard to display, go through the hinge on one side or the other.  One of the wires is likely chafed or stretched.

I agree with CC here. The replacement screen they used might have a faulty wire, or might not be connect to the motherboard correctly, or might just be a cheap piece of junk. (There are cheap junky replacement screens out there.)

If there was any guarantee on their work or the part they put in that's still in effect, I would take it back.