Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to send a url file to a email box as a attach?  (Read 13659 times)

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
how to send a url file to a email box as a attach?
« on: May 28, 2011, 03:49:33 AM »
Hello! :)
How can I send a large file from a server to someone's E-mail without downloding It?  :'(
is it possible? ???  :'(
for example I want to send this video file to my friend's E-mail:
from : http://dl2.iranproud.com/0c339dd3244f81c6c05c38c2450d36e2/4de0c0e0/Sarzamine%20Badha/Sarzamine%20Badha%2006%20HQ.avi
to : a Gmail address
please send your answer to my email or send it as a post here.
thanks. 8)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
Re: how to send a url file to a email box as a attach?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »

How can I send a large file from a server to someone's E-mail without downloding It?
You mean without you downloading it and then sending it, right?  Can you give that person direct access to the server where the file is stored?  That way, you could just send them the link or details needed to access it and then they could download it from the server.

If giving the intended recipient access is not feasible, then I see no other option than for you to download the file and then attach it to an email.

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

how to send a url file to a email box as a attach?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
You mean without you downloading it and then sending it, right?  Can you give that person direct access to the server where the file is stored?  That way, you could just send them the link or details needed to access it and then they could download it from the server.

If giving the intended recipient access is not feasible, then I see no other option than for you to download the file and then attach it to an email.
thanks, but I want to send the file "as a attach".
the file on that server is direct link, but it maybe deleted and when I send only the link of it my friend will not able to download it.
in other word, I want to Store the file on someone's Email box (to use its Unlimited free space ;))

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
Then, you need to have the file on your hard drive in order to attach it, Period.   

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »
the file on that server is direct link, but it maybe deleted and when I send only the link of it my friend will not able to download it.
in other word, I want to Store the file on someone's Email box (to use its Unlimited free space ;))

Download it and host it yourself if copyright restrictions allow it. If not, don't break the law. Or ask how to on here.

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

no,no,no
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
In fact, I am looking for a email sender service that allows attaching files from the Internet (URL). I searched many related keywords on GooGle.com, but I couldn't find the way to do it.
Is there any similar service on the WWW?
I uploaded the file on FileFactory.com using REMOTE UPLOAD service, but I am looking for a way to Upload them (the Files) to a E-mail Box.
Please help.
thanks

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
Did you even read what has been written?

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »
Did you even read what has been written?
yes! yes! Certainly. but I hadn't get my answer yet!
thank for your attention but I am still awaiting for better answers!

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
yes! yes! Certainly. but I hadn't get my answer yet!
thank for your attention but I am still awaiting for better answers!
You've been given the correct answer, you won't get another one.
Evil is an exact science.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »
I am still awaiting for better answers!

Then you will "await" for ever...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »
Unlimited free space
Where? It is not really unlimited. Somebody has to pay for it. Using 'free' space creates a problem for everybody. As mentioned earlier, you can keep the file on your computer and not be using the 'free' space that somebody else has bought.

If you want to buy some space, there are members here that will sell you space.
How much server space do you need? for how long? Would you like  a quote?

Here is what I will offer, I will clean out some of the trash in my e-mail accounts that I have and sell the space to you. My e-mail boxes are already full of stuff that other people put there with no regard as to how I have to pay for the space or clean it out. If I don't clean it out, they stop my serve until either I buy more space or clean out the trash.

Where did you ever get they idea there was unlimited free space? You have been watching to many Star Trek rerunms

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
Where? It is not really unlimited. Somebody has to pay for it. Using 'free' space creates a problem for everybody. As mentioned earlier, you can keep the file on your computer and not be using the 'free' space that somebody else has bought.

If you want to buy some space, there are members here that will sell you space.
How much server space do you need? for how long? Would you like  a quote?

Here is what I will offer, I will clean out some of the trash in my e-mail accounts that I have and sell the space to you. My e-mail boxes are already full of stuff that other people put there with no regard as to how I have to pay for the space or clean it out. If I don't clean it out, they stop my serve until either I buy more space or clean out the trash.

Where did you ever get they idea there was unlimited free space? You have been watching to many Star Trek rerunms
It isn't realy 'Unlimited'  ;).
I am using Gmail and my mailbox has 7588 MB free space.
how can I remotely send a url file as an attach to the mailBox?
is there any similar service on internet?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 01:49:24 AM »
I guess you want to set up a Gmail account, then have files in its inbox as attachments to messages and then give other people the username and password so that they can download the messages and therefore get the files. The size limit for a file is 25 MB. Some kinds of attachment are blocked - executables certainly, and zip files may be a problem so I'd use RAR. To get around the size limit, use WinRAR to make a split archive where each portion is smaller than 25 MB. You may as well use zero compression ("store") if it is a multimedia file (video etc) you are processing. You can also make PAR sets using something like Smartpar. This will help the recipients if parts are missing or corrupted. You could also check out an app called GMail Drive.

But... and this is the point we keep making, and which you keep not getting, there is no way to just supply a url and remotely fill a Gmail inbox with the (potentially huge) file it links to. Do you seriously think Google would let their servers be used in this way? Or the owners of the site where the file is hosted? You have to get the file on your local computer first and then upload it.

And, importantly, (read this carefully) trying to avoid these kinds of restrictions is something called "hacking", and we don't help with that here.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 02:13:23 AM »
Salmon Trout, Let's hope he is listening.
There are places where you can rent storage space online and even some places that you can have free space.

Microsoft SkyDrive Offers 5 GB of Online Storage Space.

It is possible to use your own computer to transfer files to a friend or associated.
Here is a short review of two products.
http://www.remotepcaccess.net/pc-anywhere.php

But using email for storage is not a good idea.

Oveis-HasanPoor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I want it!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 02:42:33 AM »
I guess you want to set up a Gmail account, then have files in its inbox as attachments to messages and then give other people the username and password so that they can download the messages and therefore get the files. The size limit for a file is 25 MB. Some kinds of attachment are blocked - executables certainly, and zip files may be a problem so I'd use RAR. To get around the size limit, use WinRAR to make a split archive where each portion is smaller than 25 MB. You may as well use zero compression ("store") if it is a multimedia file (video etc) you are processing. You can also make PAR sets using something like Smartpar. This will help the recipients if parts are missing or corrupted. You could also check out an app called GMail Drive.

But... and this is the point we keep making, and which you keep not getting, there is no way to just supply a url and remotely fill a Gmail inbox with the (potentially huge) file it links to. Do you seriously think Google would let their servers be used in this way? Or the owners of the site where the file is hosted? You have to get the file on your local computer first and then upload it.

And, importantly, (read this carefully) trying to avoid these kinds of restrictions is something called "hacking", and we don't help with that here.
Salmon Trout, Let's hope he is listening.
There are places where you can rent storage space online and even some places that you can have free space.

Microsoft SkyDrive Offers 5 GB of Online Storage Space.

It is possible to use your own computer to transfer files to a friend or associated.
Here is a short review of two products.
http://www.remotepcaccess.net/pc-anywhere.php

But using email for storage is not a good idea.
it isn't a good idea but I want to have the files on my Email box.
I don't have High-speed Internet on home, and the server of the file my delete the file. and I have no storage on the Internet. the storages (like : RapidShare, 4Shared and ... ) will delete files after a while. but massages on my Email Box won't be deleted by GooGle and I can have that Files there.