Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue tint everywhere  (Read 11080 times)

DZee

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Blue tint everywhere
    « on: June 12, 2011, 01:46:36 AM »
    So yesterday I had a problem with the blue tint showing up on most lettering and white backgrounds on my computer (A Toshiba Satellite A505D laptop) but before I could figure out how to fix it, it ended up fixing itself.
    A couple of hours ago, when I started my computer again, the blue tint appeared again but this time it's not leaving no matter what I try.

This is an example of what it looks like:

Okay, i checked that picture with my phone and apparently i can't printscreen to show you my problem but i promise you the blue tint is there.

I've searched for an answer across the web but all the remedies that's been given doesn't seem to work.

I've tried:
    • checking the power cord and making sure everything is connected
    • restarting the computer
    • changing the resolution
    • restoring to a previous timepoint
    • checking for a virus

None of these helped. I hope someone can help me out. Everything functions normally but the blue tint is extremely annoying.
    Also I'm not too well-versed on computer mechanics and the lingo so if you do explain, please dumb it down?

Salmon Trout

Re: Blue tint everywhere
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
    Does it come and go if you tilt the screen backwards and forwards?

DZee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »
      No, it's just a clear aqua blue.

Here, I took a picture with my phone since printscreening it doesn't work:

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:32:36 AM »
      1. When you start up the laptop, during the "DOS" screen where you see messages about memory check, etc, are the white characters bluish?
      2. If you connect an external monitor to the VGA port on the laptop, is the display bluish on that also?
      3. Has this laptop, to your knowledge been dropped or roughly handled or overheated recently?
      4. What do you mean by this:

Quote from: DZee
      apparently i can't printscreen to show you my problem

Do you mean a screen grab just looks normal (no blue tint?)

Please answer the above questions.

DZee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 02:50:33 AM »
        1. Yes, the letters themselves aren't blue but the background has the blue tint that's not supposed to be there.
        2. I don't have any other monitor to test on so I can't test this, unfortunately.
        3. No, I always store it in the same place and clean it frequently.
        4. Yeah, when I checked the photo that I screen grabbed (printscreen whatever lol), it was completely normal (no hint of blue) compared to the picture I manually took with my phone (the picture above).

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
        From your answers I very much think that you have a hardware problem. Connecting an external monitor would have told us whether the problem lies in the screen or on the motherboard. In a way this does not matter because you need to take this laptop to a repair company.

DZee

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:17:48 AM »
          Yeah, I wish I had another monitor to test out on but oh well.
          Thanks for trying to help me.
          I'll take it to a repair shop on Monday and see what the problem is and report back in case someone has the same problem in the future.

Bobh

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 06:52:54 AM »
          DZee -
          I am not an expert BUT I may cast some light on your problem.  I had an E Machine monitor which got an orange tint not blue.  I took the monitor to a friends house and plugged it into his computer and it stayed orange.  This proved the monitor was at fault not my computer.    Apparently  what controls the color balance went bad.  I bought a new monitor and the problem was fixed.
          Hope this helps.    Bob

Salmon Trout

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:40 AM »
          I bought a new monitor and the problem was fixed.

This is a laptop.  We already went over the trying an external monitor thing.

Bobh

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 09:09:30 AM »
          That just proves that only experts should reply.  I will keep my mouth shut.   Bob

Salmon Trout

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
          I will keep my mouth shut.

Not at all. What you wrote backs up what I said, that he should try plugging a monitor in, to see if it is the screen that is faulty.