Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Please microsoft excel and word product key  (Read 5815 times)

paul jeziorski

Help Please microsoft excel and word product key
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
When someone sends me an e-mail attachment thats from excel or word it wont let me print without a product key code. I have excel and word, i can make forms print edit etc. as long as i open it and it's not from my e-mail. How do i print it when someone e-mails it to me. When i bought this computer 2 yrs ago excel and word came with it never had a product key code. where do i find it?  ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:00:42 PM by paul jeziorski »

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Help Please microsoft excel and word product key
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
Buy from an authorized reseller.

By the way, how do you print the spreadsheet or document? Can you explain it further here?

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42:04 AM »
Computers are often supplied with a trial of word/excel which will expire after about 30-60 days.  After that you will need to buy the software.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:54:04 AM »
Without details, it would appear that there is some odd issue here. Do the e-mails come from a trusted place?  Are you able to load the spreadsheet? The product key may be a key for the spreadsheet, not the Excel program. Maybe a co-worker is sending you a spreadsheet that has proprietary data and requires a license to print it. Do you think that may be the case here?

bronc52

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
    if it was previously installed on your computer then the product should still be on it unless you have reinstalled the operating system
    http://download.cnet.com/product-key-finder/3000-2094_4-10694022.html                               
     Product Key Finder is a single function utility that executes in a GUI, but displays a Command window result. You merely double-click it to display the 25 character Microsoft Windows Product Key.