Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor , keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly ...Please help  (Read 4458 times)

sanamsuri369

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello
    i have 2 pc's confg as follows
    PC1-
    ram - 2gb x 1
    cpu- Core 2 Duo
    Mother board- Gigabyte G31
    HDD 1 - 160 GB
    HDD 2 - 1TB
    OS - windows server 2003 enterprise

....................................... ............................
    PC2-
    ram - 1gb x 1
    cpu-  Dual core
    Mother board- Gigabyte G31
    HDD 1 - 160 GB
    OS - Dual Boot
          1.windows xp sp3
          2. Redhat enterprise 5
    ....................................... ............................

Now coming to problem.
    Pc1 was restarting after the windows logo , so i thought that windows is corrupted and then i re-installed it and it worked  for around 10 minutes after the installation is completed and after that it got shutdown then i again switched it on and there was no light on keyboard and mouse and monitor is showing orange light as if system is yet shutdown cpu fan is working , psu fan is working and power up light is there on the pc and even heard the POST beep sound which is normal .

Then i thought that there is the problem of mother board so i changed it with my pc 2 but no result , i even changes the psu , but no positive result , then i even tried removing cmos battery for around 30 mins to reset the system but no result and the most amazing thing happen is that now my both of the pc's are having the same problem i even undo the swapping of mobo and other spares of both the pc's but no result ...... so please help me out.....

Thanks

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Monitor , keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly ...Please help
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:02:16 AM »
    Which of these PC's are working before the swapping? Or are they both not?

sanamsuri369

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:08:54 AM »
      Thanks for the reply...well earlier my pc1 stopped working but pc2 was working fine then i did swapping then none of them worked and after undo the swapping my both the pc's have stopped working.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
      The psu is working... have you tried the RAM? and is the 12V molex connector plugged in correctly on the motherboard? :-\
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

sanamsuri369

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
        Yes changed the ram and checked with the molex connectors still no improvement

Serune

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 06:42:36 PM »
        Sounds like you need to start from scrath.  Try getting a working psu with at least 450watts+ to plug your pc.  Just plug your hdd, mobo, and dvd/cd drive , dont connect any fans for your case.  your psu may have limited its power or its not working at all.  This may sound crazy, you said your psu is working but i have seen psu working but with dead or half dead connections.  Also try geting a good or better fan for your processor , your processor may be overheating.  you should keep it between 32-39 for optimal performance, 40-60 for regular. 61+ dont ask.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:23:37 AM »
        Ignore the above post