Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to contact people that manage IE's SmartScreen Filter  (Read 4152 times)

EntityX

Topic Starter

Rookie

How to contact people that manage IE's SmartScreen Filter
    « on: July 24, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
    I don't know if this is the best place to post this but there might be someone who knows something about this. I have an application that I recently released. It's a free download for everyone that comes with free trial minutes and then when the trial minutes are up people can purchase activation if they choose. When you download my software in IE 8 or IE 9 you see a SmartScreen Filter message that says. This "program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer."

I was trying to find a way to contact the people at Microsoft that manage IE's SmartScreen Filter. If I could present my application for testing so that they could see it is safe to download then perhaps they could have SmartScreen Filter give the go ahead instead of showing a discouraging message that would tend to make people not want to download my software.

I'll keep searching to find something I can do to eliminate that message. If I get some helpful response here then great.

Edit entry: I just left an email for Microsoft Support so maybe I'll get some help there.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:55:46 PM by EntityX »
    "Persistence is the magic of success"   Paramahansa Yogananda

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: How to contact people that manage IE's SmartScreen Filter
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
    Might be something helpful at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/SmartScreen-Filter-frequently-asked-questions-IE9.  Be sure to read the FAQ titled "One of the sites I visit is being flagged by SmartScreen Filter, but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do?"

Another FAQ page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/smartscreen-filter-frequently-asked-questions