Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: How many...  (Read 29355 times)

Raptor

Re: How many...
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52:36 AM »
Doc doesn't seem so tortured to me.

;D

Mac, could you relate yourself to the movie 'conspiracy theory' with Mel Gibson?

Raptor

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2005, 02:13:22 PM »
Conspiracy theory was not related to the second world war.

Raptor

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 02:29:05 AM »
Perhaps DNA is all a big lie by the American government. Have you actually seen DNA? I haven't. You can't touch it either.

We're probably being lied to.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2005, 06:18:42 PM »
...Why bring a child into the world to be tortured by 'religion'?...

Jesus wasn't to fond of hypocritical religion either, Mac.  Said He to the religious hypocrites of His day (and to those of our day):

"Woe to you...you hypocrites!  You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces.  You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to... Woe to you...you hypocrites!   You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.  In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness...You snakes!... How will you escape being condemned to *censored*?" (Matthew, chapter 23).

You just may have the same heart as Christ when it comes to religious hypocrites.  That may be why He was more interested that people adopt a relationship, rather than a religion.

:)

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »

...Thank you for the passage from Matthew. There is another famous quote from Matthew. Do you remember which one?  I seem to remember that it is something to do with not having need of priests and other 'holy men'.

You may mean this one, which is from the very same chapter and a quote of Jesus:

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.  And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.  Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.  The greatest among you will be your servant.  For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 08:26:04 AM »
Moving this topic to other category.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:26 AM »
We might be needing a religious category.  :)

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »
    We might be needing a religious category.

We could call it Immaculate Concepts.
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Raptor

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 05:40:45 PM »
    Or Fire and Brimstone.

merlin_2

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2005, 05:51:56 PM »
    Commonsense maths........ the earth 65 million years old  est...

Year of christ birth>>> 2000 millions year ad

63 million years without christ...<bc>........how come.?

no ranting or moaning just,require the answer? bible question.

FOOTNOTE: to the human species.

Maybe huxley/darwin.........had the answer of the why the  human being is here.
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 05:58:22 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2005, 06:05:06 PM »

Man, they didn't have warp speed back then.

merlin_2

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2005, 06:12:03 PM »
    So it took 63 million years for the human being to evolve?
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:13:51 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2005, 06:17:09 PM »
    No idea. I was just pointing out the obvious link between the coming of Jesus Christ and Star Trek's warp theory.

Danmit, Jim, I'm a doctor not an evolutionary theorist

merlin_2

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2005, 06:24:04 PM »
    So we now have the image theroy?. and my question again is NOT answered with any sence.M_2

I was just pointing out the obvious link between the coming of Jesus Christ and Star Trek's warp theory  rotpar. What link.............telestar..blackhole.wo rmhole.solar winds...sun flares.........
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:24:58 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »
    Commonsense maths........ the earth 65 million years old  est...

Year of christ birth>>> 2000 millions year ad

no ranting or moaning just,require the answer? bible question.

FOOTNOTE: to the human species.

Maybe huxley/darwin.........had the answer of the why the  human being is here.

Good question, M_2! (and sorry for taking so long to respond; work and family have kept me away from the forum till now).

The Biblical answer 2 UR Q:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.  In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. ... The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us." (John's gospel, chapter 1).

Word = the Greek word Logos (which means the mind that controls the physical world).  It was what Socrates called his own God, though he had a limited understanding of the Logos.

So, the answer to your question: Jesus exists outside time.  This existence is not one without time, but something beyond time (kind of like how three dimensions are so much more than two dimensions).  

He is God, the one who created all that has DNA.  All of time (from beginning to end) is like an open book to Him.  He sees it all.  The place where He lives is what Christians refer to as eternity (also called heaven).  We expect to live in this existence and to be in His presence forever.  We expect it to be more real than the one we live now (just as three dimensions is more real than two).  It's as though we really haven't experienced living, yet.

This is why D.L. Moody said, "One day you will read in the newspapers that Reverend Moody has died.  DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!   At that moment I will be more alive than I have ever been."

As Paul wrote: "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully know." (1 Corinthians, chapter 13).

And John: "They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  There will be no more night.  They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.  And they will reign for ever and ever." (Revelation, chapter 22).

As for Darwin, he wrote that his theory would be proved true or false by the fossil record.  Many years later there is not just one missing link, but hundreds.  I'm not convinced by the evidence.   Microevolution is a scientific fact, Macroevolution seems to me science fiction.  

However, even if one accepts Macroevolution as fact, and not theory, the concept only explains how life evolves, NOT how it starts.  No credible scientific experiment has ever produced living creatures from non-living substances.  That there is a God who creates life is the most reasonable theory based on the evidence.

Something to think about,
    Doc

BTW, some Christians believe that those who died prior to Christ's birth, death and resurrection still made it to heaven by putting their trust in the Savior who would come.  Just as we are saved by looking back in the past to His death to pay the price for their sins, they were saved by looking forward to the future sacrifice He would make for them.  The Bible predicted His life, death and resurrection thousands of years beforehand.  

« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:42:10 AM by pcdoc4christ »