Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I just received this notice while trying to log into my GoDaddy.com account  (Read 1910 times)

Transfusion

Topic Starter

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Hosted by imgur.com (Click to enlarge the photo)

So basically I registered a domain with my parents 2 weeks ago because I wanted to give the idea of writing a blog and then monetizing it a shot. I haven't even set the nameservers/redirection or anything, just set up email with Windows Live. Now this scary, "Show Me Your Papers!"-esque notice pops up.

However... why is my account singled out, asking us to give "government issued photo documents such as a driver's license or passport" so we can unlock my account? "Your documentation will be delivered to our Fraud Prevention Experts"? I think I should call customer support.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
I would...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes