Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opening videos  (Read 3061 times)

Tag

Opening videos
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
  Hi, my dell E521 desk top computer quit working. I used the two disks that came with it to reinstall everything. It works great EXCEPT, I can no longer open the videos that my son sends from his I pod.
  I get this message:  This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Create an association in the folder options control panel.
  I go to folder options in control panel and there is a list as long as my arm there to pick from. How do I know which one to pick and how do I do it.?  I have XP   any help will be very much appreciated.    Tag

truenorth

Guru

Re: Opening videos
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »
    The program previously being used for the "iPod " video was not a part of the original discs that came with the computer. Therefore you will need to reinstall the program again to regain the ability to view the videos. I have not done so but a google search along the lines of "software required to view ipod videos" ought to get you what you need and put you back in business.truenorth
    Probably the software you need to install is "itunes"
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38529