Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Solution to calculate employee total productive hours day/month wise."  (Read 9049 times)

vishal.sulakhe

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello Guys,

I am Vishal. I am looking for software application or method (might be through some server platforms) that gives me report which calculates employee productive hours.

A scenario is briefed as follows;

We know that Biometric Access Controls provides a brief report about attendance but the drawback we see in biometric device they are unable to calculate total

productive hours for employees obviously they can not track this time. How would a device know if an employee is sitting on his desk or not?

In general practice an employee comes in office mark his attendance and then makes his windows log in on PC which is his actual start time in terms of production. So i

would like to generate a report to calculate his total productive hours for following categories,

1. USER Start Time on PC Day / Month Wise
    2. USER End Time on PC Day / Month Wise
    3. USER Idle time on PC Day / Month Wise

USER may be an Active Directory USER integrated with solution or USER created in an application.

Note: USER should make a log in on Workstation B only if he has logged off from his previous workstation.

Any solution based on freeware or paid version of application is welcomed.

Please do reply on query.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: "Solution to calculate employee total productive hours day/month wise."
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
    Hi and welcome to Computer Hope!

Normally, employers use the biometric system for the payroll. And use appraisal method to calculate its performance.

In general practice an employee comes in office mark his attendance and then makes his windows log in on PC which is his actual start time in terms of production.
    In my environment, Technical Support, we use CRM system (Customer Relationship Management). We are required to login once we arrived in office and logout before we leave office. Every detailed information, revisions, knowledgebase, requests, and all work-related matters we logged are monitored by the management. They use it to check our productive hours and include it in our appraisal.

vishal.sulakhe

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:36 AM »
      thanks for the reply.

any known CRM system?

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
      vtiger CRM

vishal.sulakhe

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:34:33 AM »
        thanks