Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problematic iPhone 3G - No SIM card accepted (Help!)  (Read 5646 times)

ultimatus

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Problematic iPhone 3G - No SIM card accepted (Help!)
    « on: January 03, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »
    I live in the UK, and a few years back ~I bought an unlocked iPhone 3G which was going fine until recently when I upgraded its software to iOS 4.2.1, ever since it has had no reception and doesn't accept any SIM card  ???, it also doesn't seem to be able to be restored to factory settings by neither iTunes nor from the phone itself :-\ - shortly said it seems to be blocked once again... Can you please help?
    Yours sincerely, :)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Problematic iPhone 3G - No SIM card accepted (Help!)
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »
    You would have to unlock and, in the process, jailbreak your phone, if you upgraded to stock firmware without using one of the methods to preserve your unlock. However, do not fear:
    http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/28/how-to-unlock-ios-4-2-1-on-iphone-3g-and-iphone-3gs-with-ultrasn0w/ 
    You can unlock again using Ultrasn0w.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

ultimatus

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Problematic iPhone 3G - No SIM card accepted (Help!)
      « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
      Thank you very much, I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks again.  ;D :D