Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet explorer doesn't work  (Read 2975 times)

firechik7399

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    internet explorer doesn't work
    « on: January 16, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
    i get an error message saying the the program has stopped work and will now close. ???

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: internet explorer doesn't work
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »
    1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) What led up to this?

3) What type of system & hardware?

4) Does everything else work as expected?

5) Do other browsers work?

One sentence posts don't really help us to help you. Please provide as much relevant information as you can.

firechik7399

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
      1) not sure, i let someone else use my laptop and now i get this error message.

2) not sure, i let someone else use my laptop and now i get this error message.

3) windows vista

4) no,
                a.  i have no sound anymore
                b. when i try to open a pdf file, i get an adobe acrobat error message saying internal error, no matter which browser.
                c. i am trying to enroll in online university and am unable to access the placement tests because
                   it says need to disable my pop up blocker and it is already disabled. i have tried holding down
                   the control key when clicking on the link but still nothing happens,
               d. certain pages require me to install a java update and am unable to do so. the file downloads but
                   it wont install.

5) other than the same problems as in #4 other browsers work.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:07:03 AM »
      Go to Internet Options and reset IE to default. Also uninstall any toolbars you may have.