Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DRIVE BACKUPS  (Read 9072 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: DRIVE BACKUPS
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
Salmon Trout, With all your brilliant mind, what ever led yo to diking just 'good' Scotch?

I haven't got a "brilliant mind", although it is very kind of you to say so, unless you are being ironic... since I am not a rich man, I am prepared to tolerate blended whisky for everyday drinking (I like a glass of something before I go to bed at night) but I can tell the difference between tolerable and decent whiskies. I am prepared to stray outside Scotland though. I once read that "It can be confidently stated, as long as no Scotsman is listening, that [French] cognac is the king of spirits". I quite like Courvoisier VSOP but my favourite is a Spanish brandy from Jerez, Pedro Domecq Carlos III Gran Reserva, aged in sherry barrels.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
When it comes to batch files, you are brilliant:)

Now that I am back in the USA for the past few years, I no longer drink Scotch.The USA has high taxes on booze. Now I am back to drinking GIN. And somebody just stole my half bottle.

Today I am doing backup all day long. Just coffee.I just now made a skeleton install of XP on this laptop. Used Macrium Reflect to make an image onto a DVD. Restored the image to another partition and got it to boot. Had to modify Boot.ini to get it to work right. Of course.

BTW, if anybody  wants to try Macrium Reflect FREE Edition -
Click Here

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
All Congacs are Brandy...not all Brandy's are Cognac's...

If you happen to have any i'll have a snifter of King Louis 14...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
    « Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 03:18:19 AM »
    Hi guys!

Whilst we are talking about hard drives,  they don't last as long these days so can anyone point me in the direction of a GOOD and reliable make please?    ;D

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
    They last as long as they ever did - even longer these days. Just pick a name you know (Seagate, WD, etc)

GLOOPS

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• NOPAIN - NO GAIN
      « Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 07:21:55 AM »
      You can mark this one as solved now guys.   I'm doing regular backups now. ;D