Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no video from 845 mobo  (Read 2279 times)

nap

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
no video from 845 mobo
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:15:26 AM »
i ve 845 GRG mobo and on starting PC the screen glows but does not show any display. the problem occures after thunderstrom strike at night but my PC was off. the next day when i switched on there as no display and no booting.
 but
- DVD PLAYER is working,
-KEY BOARD LED is ON,
-MOUSE  LED is ON.
-PROCESSOR P-IV  fan is working
-mobo led is glowing green.
-harddisk LED is glowing continuously.
-SMPS is working correctly. (checked with other PC)
-RAM is servicable.(checked with other PC)
-Hard disk is servicable. (checked with other PC)
-processor is servicable. (checked with other PC)

and later i managed to get one servicable PCI video card but still the condition was same ( the display glows but does not show any text)

can any one tell me that

- if the video adaptor is un servicable then the display will glow with out text or it will not glow.

-what can be the possible cause other than video adaptor.

- what can be the possible damage in respect of thundering/lightening in this case.

thanks
thanks

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
Re: no video from 845 mobo
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »
This is a very hard question to answer. When a computer experiences a power surge it is possible that it does noticeable damage such as burning inside the computer and physically blowing parts. Sometimes, however, this isn't the case and you can't see any noticeable damage at all. Just because the mobo led is glowing green doesn't mean the board wasn't fried from the surge. As for the question about the video adapter and the glowing display: I suppose it is possible for the video adapter to be damaged and simply give a blank output to the monitor rather than no output at all. If the issue was caused by lightning then it is very odd that your power supply still works. Since you tested the processor, hard drive, RAM, and power supply then that only leaves the CPU and motherboard as possible broken components. Its a long shot but try this:Unplug the computer then remove the button battery from your motherboard. Leave the battery removed for 5 minutes or so then replace it and try turning the computer on again. I had a glowing display with now picture one time and this worked for me, as my bios setting for default VGA somehow got changed and this resets it.

nap

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Yes
Re: no video from 845 mobo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
thanks for your reply

i ve removed the BIOS batt and then replaced after 10 min then also the problem remain same.
i think that the power surge has made one thing to short in power supply chain and that fault is cutting suply to either processor or vga chip which is responsible for display.
If I could get the power supply diag for this board, it will be help full to understand the probable cause.

thanks