Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: asus MemOK!  (Read 15650 times)

lorenzo.afw

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    asus MemOK!
    « on: March 19, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
    i am unsure on how exactly to use theMemok! button on my asus p8z68-v lx as the LED is not behaving as described in the manual. I have installed ram that is noted as compatible on the manufacturer website and the asus qualified vendors list however i cannot enter my OS. Please could you help me by tellng me in more detail how to use the Memok! button. The ram i have installe is: Crucial  4GB (2x2GB) PC3 - 10600,  CL=9, unbuffered, Non-ECC, DDR3 1333MHz, 1.5V or 1.35V (?), 256meg x 64MB.     

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: asus MemOK!
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
    The ram i have installe is: Crucial  4GB (2x2GB) PC3 - 10600,  CL=9, unbuffered, Non-ECC, DDR3 1333MHz, 1.5V or 1.35V (?), 256meg x 64MB.      
    Eh? You have the 2x2GB set and then a 256MB stick?

Your RAM is compatible with your motherboard; it should work fine... What I would do:

Try testing each stick of RAM in every single RAM slot and see if it boots.
    Disconnect power from the PSU, wait for a minute or so and move the CMOS jumper into "reset" position, then move it back.

This is how the MemOK! button is supposed to work:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9azllBzU5PU
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none