Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Upgrade flightgear, Computer Graphics crash on run  (Read 4501 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Upgrade flightgear, Computer Graphics crash on run
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:46:23 PM »
Hello to all.
So, i downloaded the standard flightgear package from the Ubuntu Software Center, Fun, but i want to upgrade
Got the source for FLightgear, Simgear and OSG, built, installed, ext
connected to the flightgear server for the base files and otherwise

firstly, every run, i need to set the install to be in a different location than default, so i would like to fix that
seccondly. When i do run, i get messages saying it failed to create beacon for runways, and when the aircraft seems to have loaded, my screens turn off. No output from the computer at all. So, what's going on?

No one else seems to have this problem. so, really, what's up
thanks for any help
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Upgrade flightgear, Computer Graphics crash on run
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
ok. With FGo! i have pointed towards another executable file, and i do not crash.

however, with running the executable, i notice the errors of the scenery being "compressed" and it being recomended to uncompress.

I hear that this is to only be a note, and is only a problem with open source graphics. however, i am running open source graphics.

During flight, i notice that the instrument panel shows graphical glitches. such as little areas disappearing and appearing randomly, and i believe this would be a problem with the aircraft. although, this glitch is present on all aircraft.

Secondly, buildings do the same

thirdly, i have a low FPS rate after running the simulator after a short time

I believe that the "compressed" graphics are taking too much processing power to render in game, due to perhaps corruption in a file somewhere.

My question really is, how do i decompress the textures needed by the simulator??
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.