Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: chrome preference issues  (Read 4430 times)

freedom07

Topic Starter

Beginner

chrome preference issues
    « on: May 17, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »
    I am currently running Google chrome. But for some reason i do not understand it will not save the preferred setting. Every time i close out the window and then open a new one, it will go back to the default settings, with no home page. i am not sure if there is something i have done or if this is a problem with chrome. I recently went through all the steps needed to clean up my system with the assistance of Superdave, but the same problem persists. Now i am wondering if i should just go back to Firefox, or back to IE. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Windows XP pack 3
    comondo firewall
    spy-bot search and destroy
    Super antispyware
    Stopzilla spyware, siteguard, and popup protection

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: chrome preference issues
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
    When changing home page for google chrome settings - Appearance - Change(home page) - Checkmark open this page : ex. www.computerhope.com. The only other way is reinstalling another fresh download of chrome.

freedom07

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »
      downloaded a new version of Google chrome. But it still wont save my settings. i set the home page by tools, settings, appearance, check the show home button page,change it to the preferred home page i want. but one i close the window and reopen it, i get the same blank new tab. Am i required to log into my Google account for this to work the way i want it to?? because that seems a lil odd.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »
      Ok, after relaunching google chrome which I've lately not been using also shows a different page by showing thumbnails of frequently visited sites or suggestions. I went again to Settings - On Startup - dot marked open a specific page or set of pages entered http://your specific website then hit OK. Relaunch Google Chrome. Did this twice now already and my desired home page is now launching without a glitch. :)
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:52:55 AM by jason2074 »

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:47:10 AM »
      the google account is good if you have set up google to your liking and have bookmarks and passwords you wish to never lose. or try coolnovo browser, another browser based on the chrome to see if it help u anywhere.