Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where facebook accounts hacked?  (Read 2132 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Where facebook accounts hacked?
    « on: May 26, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »
    First off, I am not a facebook use-- but I do have an account made years ago because my kids thought I should.  I most likely will delete the account but before I do, I am getting an unusual amount of 'likes' or 'friends' (whatever it is) by the same few people.  My young daughter, her young friends, her young friends parents etc.

I'm not soliciting these requests and they have no reason to request a response from me.  And if they did it wouldn't be multiple times.  Everytime I open my hotmail account to view email, I have facebook requests to like or friend.

Could their accounts be hacked like an email account and sending off dangerous requests  from their contacts list to 'like'?

Tom.

I hope I opened this discussion in the correct section.  Feel free to move it to the correct category as required.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Where facebook accounts hacked?
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

This seems like normal facebook behaviour. You can disable email notifications from your facebook privacy settings.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/tips/how-to-update-your-facebook-privacy-settings.htm
    11 cheers for binary !

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      Re: Where facebook accounts hacked?
      « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »
      Thanks, that ought to do it.