Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iPod touch 3G battery problem  (Read 6545 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
iPod touch 3G battery problem
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »
Hello to all.

So, i have an iPod touch 3G updated to the latest iOS 4.whatever it is.

So, i had it charging on an iPod dock/clock and this morning, i noticed it failed to start up by waking it or turning on by pressing the lock button.

I plugged it into the apple wall adapter to 5v usb, and i noticed a large amount of heat from the lower corner after a couple minutes of charging, immediately after noticing this, i unplugged.

This was a fully functioning iPod the day before, and im curious to which part should be replaced, as i believe it was an overcharge of electricity to the ipod damaging the internal circuit.

I do have parts from a 2G ipod touch, not sure if it would be any benefit to use these parts in a repair, but i could try if it is advised.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: iPod touch 3G battery problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
You should be posting on the Apple support forums (at their site) - or even better, contact Apple support directly.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:17:01 AM »
i am way past warranty, so im not sure if that will help.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:00:35 AM »
You should speak with people familiar with the product or post on their dedicated forum.