Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Site Subforums Suggestions  (Read 2228 times)

Veltas

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Site Subforums Suggestions
« on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
I hope that no one's suggested these before!

I noted that you have a Windows Vista / 7 / 8 forum.  It makes sense to group Vista and 7 together as they run similarly, look the same and usually are equivalent in terms of compatibility with software and drivers.  However, Windows 8, although again similar, has a completely new interface that would lead to very different issue descriptions (not to mention it will run on ARM as well, which really is a massive difference), perhaps Windows 8 deserves its own sub-forum?  Does anyone else have anything to concur with this suggestion, or argue against with?

Also, there isn't a site suggestions or general site sub-forum.  Maybe you should have one?  Or maybe this was considered and decided against for some reason, whatever happened I spent a while thinking about where to put this topic so I have reason to believe it's worth considering.

Thanks for reading.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Site Subforums Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
I think you've raised a valid point.  I'm curious to know what others think.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
Seems like a pretty logical move to split them apart to me.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

TechnoGeek

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Perhaps a sub-forum specifically for issues with the new "windows 8 environment" (aka Metro)? A whole separate forum for windows 8 may be a bit of overkill, but OTOH I guess it could simplify some things. I generally agree with the OP, windows 8 may need to be separated, especially as I predict a lot of topics posted will be specifically about compatibility or usability issues caused by the environment changes and loss of a start menu.